Menu
peternewton83
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems with playback of recorded programmes and when we rewind live TV

We are getting freezing of picture when playing recorded programmes - sometimes it just carries on after a few seconds only to then happen again - other times it leaps forward by about 10 minutes in the programme.  This also happens when we rewind normal programmes being currently aired. 

Has been happening for about 4 weeks - have switched off/on the TIVO box which has limited effect.

Have tried the service status page on Virgin Media but the link then says its the "wrong page" and is an error, so this route is useless as well.

Have tried phoning and have pressed "1" to be texted a link but the text has never come through (tried twice).  Then spent 45mins waiting on the phone before having to ring off.

Feels like service has taken a real nose-dive (Really all down to COVID?? - even the electronic remedies?)

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with playback of recorded programmes and when we rewind live TV

Can you watch normal live TV channels ok?

If so, this potentially sounds like a hard drive issue which will only be resolved by your box being swapped out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos