Menu
kstacey1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems watching On Demand, BBC iPlayer, Youtube, Netflix, etc.

I know others have posted about the same problems on here but I've not seen a definitive answer and I probably need a technician to get involved.

When trying to watch films via On Demand I invariably get a message saying On Demand is temporarily unavailable and to try again later. This can happen several times during the film.

BBC iPlayer always takes ages to load and it proves impossible to watch a whole program without being bombed out. 

Netflix is a no-go as it is impossible to watch anything without being constantly interrupted by failed attempts at loading.

I've got 2 TIVO boxes and both of them are affected. I've had these problems forever but as I don't normally tend to use these services too often I've tended to put up with them. However, during these testing times I am now accessing them more frequently and am finding the whole experience extremely frustrating and annoying.

I've tried rebooting the boxes and choosing the option to connect to the Virgin media service with varying degrees of success. In any case I shouldn't have to do this every time I want to watch a program.

I pay Virgin Media a lot of money each month and am receiving a sub-standard service for my efforts. I would appreciate it if somebody could look into this for me please.

0 Kudos
Alex_D1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems watching On Demand, BBC iPlayer, Youtube, Netflix, etc.

ive messaged you regarding this

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Nikkim1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

I wonder if I could trouble you to forward your reply to me as I am having the same problem.

Thanks

Nikki

0 Kudos
kstacey1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nikki

I've sent you a private message containing the correspondence between me and Alex.

Keith

Luke2105
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi alex

im having the same issue could you private message me aswell please but I have a tivo

0 Kudos
haworthwhite
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same issue with my 2 additional Tivo boxes - using Netflix, BBC Iplayer and You Tube more now and the boxes just can't cope so I'm paying for a an additional service that unable to use fully.

Not sure if you have received a solution that you can fix yourself or whether it needs engineer / box upgrade

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
kstacey1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To save me from pm'ing everyone this is the reply I got:

Hi,  the problem you have with the apps on your Tivo is just down to the box, its a generic thing. upgrading to a V6 would be your option to avoid the interrupted programs. i would advise you to contact virgin on 07533051809. text your name and issue to that number.

I have since sent a text message (twice) to the number mentioned above and have had no reply other than asking me to confirm my account details. The problems I'm having with attempting to watch the apps on both my Tivo boxes are still there.

0 Kudos