Menu
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems paying your bill .

My partner and I now have no work because of coronavirus and given one of us is on a zero hour contract our incomes has greatly reduced so paying VM is going to be difficult and given the fact we cant get through to speak to anyone at the contact centre to discuss this with , what do we do if we leave our direct debit open once that VM ask for it and the funds arent there to cover it then the bank will charge us .Our banks advice is to cancel all the Direct Debits we are unable to cover in our account .Anybody else with the same problem .

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems paying your bill .

That advice from your bank surprises me,given it simply leads to your bills being unpaid with all the consequences that causes.

Unfortunately, the only option you have is to persevere in calling Virgin Media to discuss what options you have to reduce or cancel your service and bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The reason the bank is saying cancel the DD that is because we can afford £70 of the £99 bill so the only way we can pay that amount is to cancel the DD and then make the payment on VM website .

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the bank aware of your contract with Virgin Media?

Paying only part of your bill will likely lead to you getting disconnected.

It’s difficult but speak to Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its ok I finally after 5 days got through to VM they have cancelled my DD and have downgraded my package taking away Sky Sports and Sky Movies and downgrading my broadband from 500 to 350Mbps at a cost of £68.99 per month which is within our present budget and an option to return to our present package when we return to full employment .

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@johnboy1948 

Excellent. Well done for persevering. Stay safe.