Menu
davidhyslop
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem with tivo box picture

Hi, i have been having problems with my tivo box picture flickering the last few weeks.

I have tried restarting the box several times and also removing the various cables (including pixal one from the tivo box), but nothing is helping.

I phoned the telephone line and have tried the above again/monitored the picture for around a further 24 hours, as the telephone automated advice suggested and as the technical diagnostic suggested from text sent.

Have been unable to access any further online help and am wondering if an engineer visit is likely required.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

David.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with tivo box picture

Is this flickering (could be a TV issue as much as anything) or pixellation & digital breakup (likely a signal or box fault)?

If the latter - are there any specific channels affected? This may help narrow down the issue.

If it's a pixellation issue, then you probably will be best off calling VM to report your fault, yes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DancinDiva
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem for several days with the TV picture flickering/certain parts of the screen jumping. I thought it was just on one channel but it is on several.
I checked Service Status and apparently there is a Broadband Fault and a TV fault in my area - maybe it's the same for you if you check. However there is no description of the faults so I'll check back later as both faults are due to be fixed at 17:00.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Really sorry for the issues with the picture lately, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than normal. 

Can I ask if this has been sorted now since the area faults were fixed?

Please let us know and we can help further. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emwil
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

aRe: Problem with tivo box picture

I am having the same issue and I can't get hold of anyone to report it to.  I've tried the online chat but I just want to book an engineer.  The website is useless, just sends you round and round in circles keeps asking me to sign in to book an engineer but I am already signed in.  All the channels are like this but some are worse than others been like this for 2 weeks

0 Kudos