Menu
philipmcdevitt
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem with new TV Box delivery

I reported a faulty Tivo Box about 3 weeks ago via the chat function on VM , the service assistant advised that a replacement would be sent and arrive within a few days , no sign of it yet ! No contact follow up to ask if issue resolved or advice of despatch delay. I'm not happy with the back up service from VM , means of direct contact is too difficult , does anyone have a quick way to cut through the obstructions ?

Is Sky's back up support any better than this ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with new TV Box delivery

The quickest way to query this - especially at the weekend - is to call. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from another phone. Which chat function was it that you used before, I only ask because Virgin don't have any online fault reporting.

What was the reason for the fault replacement? And does anything show in your online VM account under "my orders"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi phillipmcdevitt,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your set top box and you haven't received a replacement as promised.

I've been able to locate your account and unfortunately can't see that a new set top box was sent out to you, however it looks like there was recently an outage report in your area which could be the cause of the issues you were having. As I now can't see the exact details of the outage and what issues it would cause, I can't say for sure, however the outage has now been reported as cleared, so please do let me know if you are still having issues. 

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
philipmcdevitt
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth ,

Thanks for your advice , as the problems been persistent for several weeks , I don't think its a service outage , if there's no record of a fault being reported , I'll start again ,  I'm not sure whats happened here as I definitely contacted Service Support and discussed the issue ( now I'm not sure if it was a phone call or Chat box ) but if there's no report logged in my account details , I'm not sure whats gone on.

The service agent definitely said that the box would be replaced , after I described the problems and had rebooted the box several times.

Are you able to action this or put me in touch with the Service people ? I just find that Virgins Support Service is difficult to navigate as I seem to end up on a loop , without actually being able to explain the full extent of an issue. Whilst I appreciate your help and feedback , customers shoudn't need to join in a Help Forum to get a service response.

Kind Regards,

Phil McDevitt

Phil McDevitt

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What's the issue you're having with your TiVo?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello philipmcdevitt

Sorry to hear about ther issues with your Tivo

Can you please explain what he actual issue is first 

That way we can look at helping 

If not then

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
philipmcdevitt
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your comments , I'll go bck and investigate

I'm now not sure if it was a chat box or a phone conversation I had , it's been so long , I did try calling the helpline but a recorded message advised it could be up to an hours wait..

I'm just not impressed with Virgins Support and the difficult route to contact them, but I'll keep on truckin.

Kind Regards,

Phil

0 Kudos