cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime video on a TIVO box

grantandersonuk
On our wavelength

A friend of mine has a TIVO box and wishes to add Prime Video to it and Virgin says that it is possible to do so, but he can't find the app in his Apps and Games section.  Has Prime been withdrawn form TIVO boxes or is there a way he can add Prime to it?  Possibly he may need to restore or refresh the system as it is rather old now, or can the help desk do that for him?  Thanks for any advice you can give which I will pass on to him! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @grantandersonuk 

Amazon Prime has never been available on the older Tivo box, and sorry but apps can't be downloaded to the Tivo box.

If your friend has broadband with VM then they could see about upgrading to a V6 box which has Amazon prime and a few extra apps that aren't available on the older Tivo boxes. They also have more storage, and are faster to operate.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @grantandersonuk 

Amazon Prime has never been available on the older Tivo box, and sorry but apps can't be downloaded to the Tivo box.

If your friend has broadband with VM then they could see about upgrading to a V6 box which has Amazon prime and a few extra apps that aren't available on the older Tivo boxes. They also have more storage, and are faster to operate.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for your prompt reply, Dave. I suspected as much but it was Virgin's wrong assertion that it was on TIVO that confused me! Very odd indeed!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V6 already explained above, but apps on VM's TV boxes aren't like phones & tablets where you download the ones you want - they're preinstalled by VM.

So you need to choose one of the more recent TV boxes that has Prime - V6 runs the same TiVo software as you're used to, TV360 currently being pushed by VM is fundamentally different.

Both need VM home broadband for an internet connection, different to your TiVo's which is inbuilt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I'll pass that on!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @grantandersonuk

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

As advised above by the very helpful newapollo and japitts - our newer boxes like the V6 / 360 do have the Prime app. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs