Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Price going up no notice

Tried calling, texting,, and live chat, 2hrs nothing.

Please can someone help, my payments are going up from £79.50 TO £129 on the 19th April, been trying to contact someone, as we are pensioners,  registered disabled, and on your vulnerable register, we would like to speak to someone to see what they could do for us as we are home practically 24/7 and watch a lot of TV, but we cannot afford £129 , sky has offered us a deal which is similar the to £79.50 , will be with a heavy heart to leave as virgin is ideal for us, please can someone please help us. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price going up no notice

Hi babsis46,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

This isn't something we can deal with via the community, you'll need to give us a call tomorrow on 150 // 03454541111 options 1 and 4. The team will assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like an introductory offer coming to an end. Which you would have been made aware of when you signed up. It should also be shown on your contract.

Being that you know how it's changing you must have had some notification?

In any case your only option is to phone. Calls from the vulnerable are being prioritised so keep trying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@babsis46 wrote:

Tried calling, texting,, and live chat, 2hrs nothing.

Please can someone help, my payments are going up from £79.50 TO £129 on the 19th April, been trying to contact someone, as we are pensioners,  registered disabled, and on your vulnerable register, we would like to speak to someone to see what they could do for us as we are home practically 24/7 and watch a lot of TV, but we cannot afford £129 , sky has offered us a deal which is similar the to £79.50 , will be with a heavy heart to leave as virgin is ideal for us, please can someone please help us. Thank you 

New customer deals are sold at a loss, so when you come to the end of your introductory period you pay the true cost of your services. You will find the same if you move to a new provider. The whole idea of these offers is to get people switching, as its what your representitives in Parliament want to see.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks