Menu
johnnyg2307
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Poor service - picture distorted

3 month down the line and 3 boxes sent out my dad's box is still crashing with picture distortion after 2 calls tonight 1st getting transfered to wrong number and cut off 2nd the guy cut me off now on for a 3rd time on hold now for 32 mins to get a engineer this is shocking service I know pandemic but surely there must be people available plus next door to my dads had a engineer twice yet I keep getting told no engineer is allowed to attend due to the covid lies all lies he pays £92 and get told to reboot his box weekly. He is not fit to do this and why should he any suggestions to get an engineer or better service let me know I've got a package with sky sitting if he's going to cancel and works out cheaper

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor service - picture distorted

You've reported a couple of issues there. No TiVo/V6 should be rebooting other than occasionally and overnight.

Picture distortion/pixellation could mean a few things, depending whether it's on live TV or recorded/paused TV?

Engineer visits are being affected by Covid, that's no lie - but fault fix visits should be fine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johnnyg2307
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean fault fix visit I've just hung up on the chap as he refused a engineer and was sending another box my dad is sitting with 4 boxes all with same fault I can't get my head around them not understanding Ihe doesn't want another box he needs someday to look at the problem which could be outside or a fault in the cable running from outside to tivo box

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've escalated this thread to VM staff to take a look.

I make no guarantees how long this will take, but it should certainly be quicker than you'd otherwise have to wait for a response. Something sounds odd here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @johnnyg2307,

Many thanks for your post, I'm very sorry to hear of the issues your dad has been experiencing with his TV.

I'd like to take a look into the account and hopefully get this looked into properly for him, so I'll just send you a private message to get some information.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

johnnyg2307
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help much appreciated and now been contacted by virgin media 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the details johnnyg2307 - What have our team advised when they contacted you? Are you still requiring further assistance?

Let me know 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
johnnyg2307
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Molly only you has contacted me in here on the phone nothing cut off twice last night before anything could be done and 3rd time he wanted to send another box which my dad doesn't want he needs somebody inside or outside to look at what's causing these problems

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI @johnnyg2307,

Thanks for confirming apologies for the misunderstanding.

I've gone ahead and booked a tech visit for your dad and requested the earliest possible appointment - this can be checked and changed via his My VM Account.

Please keep us posted on how the visit goes 🙂

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

johnnyg2307
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Molly thanks will the date be posted on the app at some point today so I can let my dad know once he's wakened...and again much appreciated for your help 

0 Kudos