cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service-again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having just sorted out the contract with Virgin Media -they wanted to put up the monthly cost by 25%- and having to complain about poor service for weeks culminating in loss of broadband and TV for 8 hours we have just gone through the exact same thing again just weeks after complaining.

VM have used the same old boring excuse for at least 10years now saying we need to put prices up so we can invest in technology which clearly they are not,  More likely paying the CEO vast pay increases and sponsoring pointless football teams.

Its now time VM paid for the poor service and knocked £20 of everyone's next bill my contract ends at the end of the year and I can confirm that VM are in for a shock even if we stay we will be going on the lowest package going however we have already taken delivery of a smart TV which has all the channels and more that we use VM for and unlike VM we do not break our contract.

Stop using excuses VM and start investing in technology 

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So…….

Why didn’t you take the price increase as an opportunity to leave?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ernie_C

I had a longish twenty minute chat with a nice helpful lady at VM who got me a discount of 25% so that when it goes up in May I'm still paying the original amount until the end of our contract which isn't a problem but after the problems of Mon and Tues this week I do regret not going but as I mentioned I always stick to a contract even if VM do not 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cancelling would have been sticking with your contract. If you really felt you had been given poor service, you would have left. Reducing the charge does not resolve the poor service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ernie-C  Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner we are currently very busy.

We are going to stick with VM until the contract runs out around Dec Jan time and we have already found a new company to go with,  But have just had a week off trouble free tv/broadband amazing 

Thanks for your answers 

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Offrocker1 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of this feedback and experience. 

Glad to hear you were able to discuss your package further with the team and a package was found more to your liking. Sorry to hear you have been experiencing some service issues though! 

I've had a quick look for you and it does seem you have been experiencing some connection issues. There don't appear to be any issues with the exchange at the moment that may be causing this so the issue may be with your equipment or wiring. I'm going to send you a PM to take a closer look and offer further support if needed! 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox 📩 we can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. 
Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Molly

Ill look for message a bit later as I currently have a cold and looking at small screens seems to make it worse.

Not sure about it being our equipment though as where we live we have our own Facebook page and quite a few people have moaned about not getting any service

Thanks for getting back 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

where we live we have our own Facebook page and quite a few people have moaned about not getting any service

Have those people reported their service faults to Virgin Media? Moaning on social media isn't a way to make VM aware of problems, so they can investigate.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes