cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor TV signal

quintp1
Tuning in

Hi I've been having issues with the virgin tv signal for the last 3 wks it's pixelating and getting worse day by day I've tried all the usual things completely unplugging the box and wires but still no change is anyone else experiencing the same problem thanks Phil Q. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A stock answer I'm afraid... I think this covers most of your query.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A stock answer I'm afraid... I think this covers most of your query.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @quintp1,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post! I'm really sorry to hear you've been having issues with your TV service.

I've been unable to locate your account using your forums details so have been able to look into this further for you currently.

I'll send you a private message to get these from you, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

quintp1
Tuning in

So just an update into the message I posted about poor TV signal I telephoned virgin media and the proceeded to say there was a signal fault in my area that they were trying to fix I kinda questioned that as I've had this issue nearly 3wks now well at 10.15am this morning they sent a txt informing me that the issue had been fixed which I'm sorry is total BS as I've still got the poor signal and its actually getting worse 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @quintp1,

Thanks for chatting with me via private message. As advised I've booked a tech visit in to swap the faulty equipment and make sure everything is working as it should be.

You can check on the appointment via your online My VM Account and can also change the date / time there too if needed.

Keep us posted following the visit and let us know if you require any future assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

quintp1
Tuning in

Like to say a massive thank you to

Molly from Virgin Media for  sorting out the issue I had in regards to a poor TV signal turns out actually my Tivo box was faulty which caused bad pixelating engineer turned up this morning and Replaced faulty equipment very polite guy indeed so very big thank you to you both

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @quintp1

Sorry to hear you are still dealing with poor signal issues, how did things go with your technician visit?

Have things improved since?

Please do let us know 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

Everythings working fine now signal is fine technician replaced the faulty box that was causing the issue

Thankyou 

Hi quintp1, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming things are all resolved for you now 🙂

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help you further. 

In the meantime, take care and enjoy the bank holiday weekend. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs