Menu
Robbijay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor TV Signal /pixellation

Hi guys,

Haven't posted for ages, whihc i guess is a good thing! I'm posting in the hope that and tech guy will see and check it out.

I'm getting really bad signal on several channels including CBEEBIES (711?), ITV 1SD (103) and BBC2 HD (102). This has been going on for ages but when I finally called VM 2 weeks ago they refused to send out an engineer and said it was my tv simply because he could see my box was "online and active" (it's not, I've checked other sources on the input I use for VM, VM on other inputs AND another tv, just to prove him wrong). Now, I could've told him it was online and active, seeing as I was watching one of the bad channels at the time to prove it! Even after I told him my backgroud was in electronic engineering and I done all the checks I could before ringing, he still told me it was my tv's problem!

I'm 100 sure its a dirty signal coming into the house, but HOW do i get them to fix it???

I'm paying loads every month for good internet, but a phone line we don't use and tv we ony really watch freeview on anyway. If it doesn't get fixed i'm off as soon as the contract runs out, having been with VM since 2002 when they were still Telewest!

Sorry for a bit of a rant but i need ANY help on getting them to fix what we're paying for!

Cheers

Rob.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor TV Signal /pixellation

Hi Robbijay, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am really sorry you're experiencing problems with the picture quality on your set top box. 

Have you checked all the cables are securely attached and rebooted your equipment? Do you experience the problem when watching content on demand and apps such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer? 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Robbijay
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Hetty,

Thanks for your reply

Rebooting seems to temporarily fix it for a few days until it starts getting worse again. That's a work around though, not a solution! the box is several years old and if thats the issue then VM should own up  and be replacing it! Especially as my wife is currently at home on mat leave while I'm working so i can't be expected to go home and fix it for her twice a week.  At least the work aorund will allow to watch topgear in peace next week though!

Cheers

Rob.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, Robbijay. 

I have sent you a private message so I can check everything at our end and help you further. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top corner of the page.

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos