Menu
JB1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixle distorting

My picture is distorting badly on all hd channels. I tried to call yesterday to resolve this, and to upgrade an old box I have and to ask why my internet keeps dropping out! I called a few times to get only an automated service, or wait for what seemed like an eternity and the the call was ended. 
I am currently paying over £100 p/m and the last few weeks my service has been shocking! Not what I expect esp when you cannot contact anyone to resolve issues. 
I tried all the obvious remedies, reset box, undo cables and place them back and to be fair that’s made the pixel issue worse. When I reset the router that takes about 20 mins before reconnection to internet is resumed. And the old box I have now doesnt support any channels other than 4 or 5 basic ones.

please can you organise some help!

janine

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixle distorting

You seem to have a couple of issues there.

1: Pixellation is nearly always the result of a problem with your signal - either a faulty box, tuner or problem with your cabling. If a single reboot doesn't resolve it, then VM need to investigate and (almost certainly) check your cabling and/or box. That can (in most cases) only be done by a box-swapout or an engineer appointment. Anything else is just kicking the problem further down the road.

Your internet dropping out may be further evidence of that, but I'm not familiar enough with that side to comment. The broadband forum here may be able to help further.

2: Your old box only has 1-5 channels - it has been decomissioned, and you need to now arrange for that to be swapped for (most likely) a V6 box as you already have VM broadband.

I recommend you call VM C/S on 150/0345 4541111, they're the quickest way to get these issues sorted now, but more resets are not going to solve this one!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JB1972
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’s the number I called and spend many hours trying to get connected to a person to resolve the internet and upgrade box! To no avail. 
that’s half my problem I pay a large amount to virgin monthly and can’t even get to talk to a person! 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JB1972,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your TV, happy to arrange the box swap for the old equipment, I've sent you over a private message. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

In regards to the pixelating, is it all HD channels or just certain ones? 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
JB1972
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s all hd channels

0 Kudos