cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilation

JayshreePatel
Joining in

We have 4 different TIVOs in my household . But on my TIVO only my BBC2 is not working properly. Pixilated.

I've switched off my TIVO box & switched back on again . Switched off main switch in rack . But still no luck . Help !  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation is caused by a signal fault, if only one of your boxes are affected this rules out an external fault.

Try swapping your boxes around - that way, you can see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the internal cabling. I suspect, if you're saying a reboot solves this temporarily, the fault will follow the TiVo.

You can then report your fault to VM. They should arrange a tech visit and swap your TiVo out for a V6, assuming you have VM's home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation is caused by a signal fault, if only one of your boxes are affected this rules out an external fault.

Try swapping your boxes around - that way, you can see if the fault follows the box move or remains with the internal cabling. I suspect, if you're saying a reboot solves this temporarily, the fault will follow the TiVo.

You can then report your fault to VM. They should arrange a tech visit and swap your TiVo out for a V6, assuming you have VM's home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JayshreePatel 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the TV picture issues. I will send you a PM now as you need a tech, the tuners on the box are out of spec.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill