Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixilation

Been having pixilation problems on and off for months currently unwatchable. How much longer are we going to have to put up with such poor service. Customer services keep you on hold for minimum of 90 minutes. Virgin beyond useless over priced waste of money 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilation

I'm not passing any comment on CS waiting times, but pixellation problems on digital TV are almost always a symptom of signal issues.

Those issues tend not to go away until the underlying fault is resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Topcat5,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Can you confirm have you been able to try a replacement HDMI cable? Have you been able to try a different port on your Tv? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it only seems to be my HD channels which flicker . it has been a common complaint and I asked a friend who has similar problems
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@sff wrote:
it only seems to be my HD channels which flicker . it has been a common complaint and I asked a friend who has similar problems

It is indeed a very common complaint. In that the "common" way any digital TV system that has signal issues, exhibits those issues by the symptoms of picture breakup. In the same way, if your car runs out of fuel, they will display the symptoms of the engine stopping. If that makes "engines stopping" a common complaint where the driver has failed to refuel, then engines stopping is indeed a common problem.

The solution is the same in each and every case - identify the cause of the signal issues, and replace/fix the affected component. That may be by replacing your box, it maybe by replacing external cabling, it maybe by carrying out work in the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos