Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixilation and blocky picture on multiple channels

For several months I have experienced intermittent but frequent pixellation on the TV picture. On 2 TV's. On several channels. Perhaps more on HD. On recorded programs. I have recently replaced my TV and at the same time replaced the hdmi leads for 'Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cables are the only HDMI cables to be tested and certified by HDMI Authorized Test Centers to ensure they support all features in the latest HDMI specification' but still experience pixilation. I do not get pixilation on streaming channels such as netflix or prime which suggests the TIVO box is the problem? I have rebooted and checked the connections. Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilation and blocky picture on multiple channels

Hi irandall,

Sorry to see you are having pixellation problems. It sounds like it may be a signal problem.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If the online tests don't resolve the issue then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@irandall wrote:

I do not get pixilation on streaming channels such as netflix or prime which suggests the TIVO box is the problem? I have rebooted and checked the connections. Any more suggestions?

Pixellation is normally caused by poor TV signal. Netflix, Prime, iPlayer and other streaming apps are not carried over the TV signal but rather your internet connection.

As per newapollo's advice, if you've rebooted your box and checked for known area faults (0800 5610061) then assume you have a signal fault that's (quite possibly) only affecting you. Call Virgin, report it, and they will likely want to either replace your box or arrange an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. There is a local issue but this doesn't seem relevant and my problem has been around for a few months now

irandall_0-1605441784869.png

Tried the 'Run Test' and get this

irandall_1-1605441882742.png

Maybe if Virgin pick this post up they can look at this too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@irandall wrote:

Thanks for the response. There is a local issue but this doesn't seem relevant and my problem has been around for a few months now

irandall_0-1605441784869.png

Nope, that's an app issue and has nothing to do with your broadcast TV signal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos