Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixilated band on TIVO

I am getting a frequent band across my screen using Tivo.  It covers about a quarter of the screen height and goes the full width.  The colours are very bright.

Also get stutter and freeze but these correct quite quickly.

Channels affected are:

102 BBC2

104 Channel 4

105 Channel 5

113 ITV HD

509 SKYSPORTS NEWS HD

511 SKYMAINEVENT

513 SKYPREMFOOTBALL

527, 528, 528, BTSPORTS 1,2,3

601 BBC NEWSHD

602 SKYNEWS HD

Any help gratefully received

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixilated band on TIVO

The channels you've quoted are spread across several broadcast multiplexes (or clusters) - there's a couple that share a common frequency, but not many. BBC News HD shares with 4-Seven HD which is perhaps worth a quick check, also Channel 5 HD shares with Sky Sports NFL HD & Sky Sports F1 HD. (None of which you've mentioned)

It might sound basic, but have you tried rebooting your box? Do you have any issues with viewing OnDemand programmes ok? BBC iPlayer is app-based but any other channel is a good test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

Thanks for the reply Japitts.

I have tried rebooting three times over the last seven days but the pixilation reappears quickly.

Thanks for mentioning the broadcast multiplexes.  It appears my problem is not confined to channels that share a common frequency, as you say.  I do not think my package gives me Sky Sports NFL HD or F1 HD, just SS News HD and SS Mix HD the rest are standard quality, so I cannot try those.

On Demand I rarely use and it is slow but it does work.  I have just tried it and got an excellent picture.

I'm happy to try any diagnostic, just let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perfect.... VOD services are carried over your box's internet connection rather than broadcast TV channels, so them working fine proves the issue is specific to live TV.

In which case, I would suggest you call VM and report what is looking like a signal level issue. 150 from your VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That makes sense.  Thanks for the diagnostics Japitts.

I have rung 150 and did not get to speak to a person.  I was automatically promised a diagnostic link via text to my mobile phone.  I had a similar promise yesterday.  Neither have arrived.  Not sure what to make of this.  Is there a number with real people on the other end I wonder?

0 Kudos