Menu
Krcel
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixels on screen

Picture badly pixilated with intermittent sound but ok when I’m on Netflix or amazon 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixels on screen

Live TV channels are delivered over your "broadcast" TV signal, whereas your apps such as iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon & VOD are delivered over your internet connection.

It therefore sounds like you may have a fault with your incoming TV signal. I'd recommend one box reboot to eliminate gremlins, if the problem continues then it needs reporting to VM who should either arrange an engineer visit or box replacement.

Are there any particular channels affected, this may help narrow the fault down?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue in NG31 on both live and pre-recorded channels. In some cases it becomes unwatchable for 10-20 minutes.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In which case the same questions to @Stuzzer2015 - are there any particular channels affected? HD/SD?

And the same advice. Call and report your fault. Until Virgin know you have a service fault, they can't resolve it.

Forum staff can pickup threads on here a few days later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nbaker
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NG31 here and having same problem, only noticed it on recordings as rarely watch live tv.

Channels affected so far have been Sony & 5HD.

I presumed it was the stormy weather we have been having recently.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@nbaker 

Same response as before, but the following channels share a broadcast frequency with C5-HD and would also be affected by a signal fault. So package dependent, check these...

Sky History 2 HD, Sky Sports Action HD, Sky Sports F1 HD, Star Plus HD, S4C HD

Sony HD shares with Sky Sports Cricket HD, Sky Family HD, Sky Comedy HD, Cartoon Network HD, TLC HD, Eurosport 2 HD

0 Kudos
nbaker
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be an ongoing local problem as lots of other Grantham residents have been complaining of the same issue on Facebook and Nextdoor.co.uk.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And how many of them have reported their fault to Virgin?

Complaining on social media sites doesn't start the VM faults process. There could be an area fault, there could be lots of individual faults.

Until they're reported to VM, they won't get fixed.

0 Kudos