Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

As some others, I am struggling with pixellation watching live tv and recordings, been trying to run test and  and get through for a while now.   It suddenly started a few weeks ago.   It seems to come and go, worse in the evenings and on certain channels  C4 seems especially prone.  When I tried to run tests it said it could not detect a box connecting  though clearly there was as I was watching it at the time. 

Sometimes a restart helps a little though doesn't get rid of it completely.

Please advise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

Assuming you've rebooted your box once, pixellation on live TV means you have a signal fault. You've not mentioned if C4 is in SD or HD?

Check on 0800 5610061 that it's not already an issue in your area, otherwise call TV Faults on 150/0345 4541111 and report it.

You're likely to need an engineer visit to resolve it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I checked for faults in the area when I went online to check status.  Sometimes there are faults though not related and sometimes there aren't.  I've been trying on and off for a while.  Tonight was especially bad, other days it's OK. 

I have rebooted several times, checked connections and swapped out cables. 

Both HD and SD channels.  I mentioned C4 as prone but other channels too.  BBC2 earlier and flicking through the channels some were completely distorted to the point I couldn't see which they were.

I probably do need an engineer but can't seem to get through to report.   There is no longer the option to book after online testing does not solve the problem.   Calling on 150 doesn't get answered at the moment, you go on hold and then call usually gets dropped before someone answers it.  Also a worry that as it's intermittent will work fine when the engineer turns up, especially as it's usually in the evenings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@criso wrote:

I probably do need an engineer but can't seem to get through to report.   There is no longer the option to book after online testing does not solve the problem.   Calling on 150 doesn't get answered at the moment, you go on hold and then call usually gets dropped before someone answers it.  Also a worry that as it's intermittent will work fine when the engineer turns up, especially as it's usually in the evenings. 

There's no probably about it! If you call the 150 IVR, it often runs various diagnostics and if it finds a fault that requires an engineer it should offer you the choice of timeslots and book one - I'm not so sure the online one is as reliable.

Calling 150 does get answered, I speak from personal experience. But I'd agree there are long wait times, and there have been a few reports of calls being dropped which I know have been raised within VM.

I would recommend perhaps taking a photo or video of the pixellating happening, and/or taking an appointment when you know the problem is more likely to be happening.. assuming this is convenient for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos