Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Many ( but not all ) channels are suffering a huge amount of pixelation which renders most unwatchable. I’ve tried ringing Virgin but no answer. Very underwhelming when paying nearly £100pcm. Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

But only IF they answer the phone Mickey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

PIxellation is nearly always the result of a fault that's causing poor TV signal. Always reboot your box once as a precaution, and also check for reported issues on 0800 5610061.

Otherwise you will need to report your fault to VM - either by phone (ideally) or waiting on here (upto a week, realistically) for VM staff to respond. There's also the text message service (07533 051809) which should get you a response in a couple of days.

In the meantime, are there any specific channels you can spot as being affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Done all of that. VM came and replaced the coaxial adaptor but problem is now back. Calling VM means upwards of a 1 hour wait and I’m just too busy to hang on that long. VM are a shambles. Aren’t they?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I think that VM are morally and I suspect legally obliged to refund our money if the service doesn’t work. It doesn’t. Looking around, it appears that there is a serious issue with VM’s service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There are undoubtedly issues with VM's C/S lines of late.

Alternatives are to use the text message service (07533 051809) which can take a few days, or wait on here (upto a week currently) for VM staff response.

Whichever method you choose, VM can't rectify faults they don't know about. Good luck, I can only sympathise...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I don’t think that VM are making it easy enough to let them know. If I want to sign up for VM, they answer immediately. Making it hard to contact them is a cynical corporate tactic. If the service doesn’t work, they need to respond QUICKLY to the customers that they are failing. Don’t they?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Do very insightful people work on VMs behalf for no fee? Do they offer any actual help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@MattHarris wrote:

Do very insightful people work on VMs behalf for no fee? Do they offer any actual help?

Depends on your attitude towards them...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Carl, you only answered half of my question. What incentive do you have if any to effectively do VMs customer service job for them? 

0 Kudos