Menu
Vicsg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Over the past few weeks we've been getting pixellation which has been getting worse.

It doesn't happen when we have Netflix on the tv not on the box so we know its not the tv.

I got a new HMDI cable and tried a different port and I have cleaned out the memory - these were the suggestions I found on here which have failed to work.

I've rebooted the box and done the test on the website once again it has not worked.

I've tried calling but it tells me to go on the website but that just goes through the tests again. I notice it says if you sign in you can book an engineer but it brings me to the community page!!

So frustrated now - can someone advise me on what I can do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

Pixellation & picture breakup, assuming you've restarted your box once, indicates there's a fault somewhere that's causing your TV signal to be poor. Netflix & OnDemand services are carried over the internet and so wouldn't be affected by this unless there's slow internet speeds - which would be a different issue.

Sometimes it can help if you can identify any specific channels (including HD/SD?) that are affected, but it will only help expedite rather than alter the end result - that you need to report the fault to VM so they can investigate. It may require an engineer visit or a box-swap, VM's diagnostics can confirm this. It's also no surprise that this is getting worse - whatever the fault is, it needs fixing 🙂

Realistically, you have 2 choices:

You can persist with calling through to TV Faults, they can usually do the necessary diagnostics immediately and then arrange the next steps. Alternatively, you can wait on here where VM Forum staff work through posts and can often assist - but this can take several days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vicsg
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok I will continue to call them and hopefully I'll get through before its picked up on here......

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Vicsg 

Thank you for coming back to us on the forums. 

Really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with pixilation. 

Are you able to let me know, if you are experiencing this on all channels or specific ones? 

Have you managed to speak with the technical support team? If not I can take a look over this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos