Menu
im1959
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Still having problems with pixellations on several channels  , not getting anywhere reporting it , they just keep saying pull cables out , push cables in , run tests etc still the same . Thinking of moving from VM , unless I get problem fixed , to another provider , unone that has better customer service , this has been going on for a couple of months now .

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

Hello, and sorry to hear your tale.

Pixellation & picture breakup, if you've rebooted your box once, is an indicator that there's a fault somewhere in your cabling or box that is causing poor signal. Until & unless that fault is rectified (which can't be done by any amount of resets), then the problem tends not to go away.

Are there any specific channels affected? SD or HD?

I'm assuming you've called C/S and tried to report this - have any of the agents arranged an engineer visit?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
im1959
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts ,

The pixellation affects both SD and HD channels , I had a quick look this morning and it is affecting at least 14 channels , probably  more . I have called customer services twice , after trying for hours each time to get through , I finally got through and each time I have requested an engineer and both times I was told I don't need an engineer , they can fix the problem over the phone by pulling out cables and rebooting and resetting etc , the pixellation  is only getting worse , NONE  of the agents have arranged an engineers visit , I have been trying for the last two days to get through to call centre again without luck , if I don't get it sorted soon , I am switching to some other provider .

Been a VM customer for years , terrible customer service , 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The reason for asking about specific channels is that it may highlight particular clusters of channels that are carried on the same mux and therefore a common broadcast frequency. And without being party to your faults calls, the obvious response after a while is "no, that reset has not cured my picture problems - it's still happening".

Having said all that, I have flagged this post to VM Forum staff to take a look remotely a bit sooner if possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi im1959, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV service. I will send you a private message to look at this further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos