Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

TV service has gradually got worse due to pixellation. It seems to be widespread issue with VM. Will this require an engineer visit to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation problems

Still having problems with pixelation and other channels not coming in at all. 
I have tried calling but can never get through to a human.

i have tried the “message me” feature on the app, but have been getting the runaround on that with the same question repeated every morning, “do you still need help”

I understand that not all staff are back at work due to COVID-19, but the service I’m getting is disgustingly poor.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

Hi Jmcc5159,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to the community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from some pixellation issues on your TV. Have you been able to get any help with this since posting? If not, can you help to answer some of the following about the issue please:

• Are all channels affected by poor picture quality issues or are just certain channels affected e.g HD channes?
  • Have you tried using another HDMi cable or using another HDMi port?
  • Do you have multiple V6s/Tivos in the home that share the pixellation issue

Many thanks,

Beth

Thanks,

Beth

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Beth.

i have tried the HDMI in a different port, and a different HDMI cable and get the same result. All channels are effected, not only HD channels. My other box is working perfect with no issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Disgraceful customer service

I’ve had serious pixellation issues with one of my boxes for nearly 2 weeks now, I’ve tried calling and get nowhere, being left on hold etc. I have tried the text contact service, I get the same message every morning asking if I still need help. I have tried contacting VM through their social media channels (you only seem to get a response if you have a blue tick beside your name), but I guarantee if I was to stop my payment I would get a phone call from them!

If anyone has interest ideas on how to get through to a human in VM please let me know!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Jmcc5159

I was sorry to understand that the cabling change did not assist; I have located your account from your forum information and I can see that you have since managed to contact us and a technician was booked out to visit. 

I do hope that the visit went well; have you seen improvement since the visit and the changes that were made? Everything seems to be looking fine with both your boxes from here; if you're still having issues, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we can go through some further checks if needed

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie!

The engineer was able to sort out the issue within 10 minutes. I can now watch all channels clearly, and my broadband speed has nearly doubled.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So glad to hear it @Jmcc5159

We really appreciate you popping back to let us know the outcome; not only does this help us understand what's happened but it can also assist our community who may also be having the same issue.

I do hope that you have a good week; we're here if you need anything further. Stay safe. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos