Menu
jc0001
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Hello,

I have been experiencing pixellation for a number of months now. This occurs on live TV and recorded programmes, and appears to be all channels. I've checked connections,  changed HDMI cable and reset the TiVo box, but still having issues. It's getting to the stage where I'm having to delete recorded programmes as they are unwatchable.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

Hi jc0001.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the TV issues. There is an ongoing SNR issue in your area (signal to noise ratio). The fault number is F008108879. The estimated fix date is 11pm tonight.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jc0001
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

Many thanks for the update. Live TV is now perfect, however a recording from earlier this morning still pixellates (approx every 2-3 mins).

Kind Regards,

John

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi if it was recorded before the fault was corrected then obviously it will be affected. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jc0001
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

The recording was made this morning (07:00-08:00), after the expected fix time of 23:00 last night, to see if there was any change. The recording contained regular pixellation (like a banding).

Kind Regards,

John

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jc0001,

Thanks for coming back to us. The issue we spoke about above was fixed however the input levels on the tuners are out of spec. Needs a technician. I am going to send you a PM to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos