Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

I have been experiencing a lot of pixellation issues over the last few days and tightening up all the cables hasn't helped. Wondered if it is just me or is there an issue with the service at the moment? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

Hi BPP,

Are there any attenuators or equalisers fitted to the back of the box? If so, remove them and see if that resolves your problem.

Are you getting pixelation on all channels or just certain ones?

Is the pixelation happening when watching live TV or is it on your recordings?

Thanks

Dave

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I need a new tivo box massive pixelation on all channels & can not watch while recording. Also can not watch recording. Please send me a new box. I am paying a fortune for nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Phil,

Please try the things mentioned above as if it is a cabling fault a new box wont resolve it.

If you still are having issues then you can book a call using the Live Help Chat on the VirginMedia Connect App, this will save you from having to wait on hold for awhile due to reduced call centre capacity

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation is more than often caused through a poor connection. 

Either loose or damaged. Check all connections on coax/Catv all the way to the isolater on wall. Ensure they are hand tight or pushed on correctly. 

Check HDMI connection, check for damage. To port or cable. 

Hopefully this helps.