Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on only one of two household boxes

Hi

Suffering from pixellation across all channels on a daily basis. We're only getting pixellation on the older Tivo box upstairs however - the V6 box downstairs is fine.

Swapped both boxes around not so long ago - wasn't able to test for very long but neither seemed to be affected. 

Area reference: 03

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on only one of two household boxes

Call Virgin Media faults to report your issue - 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Please be prepared to be patient and persistent.

I can only assume that if neither box was affected when you swapped them round, that the cabling might be slightly degraded in one location - enough for one box to be affected but perhaps the other box can't quite cope. I'm surmising - don't take this as gospel, the VM engineer is best placed to confirm.

When you get through to TV faults, make sure they don't fob you off with attempts at "sending signals" or restarting your box. The act of moving your boxes has proven that won't work 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos