Menu
Loosecanons
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on V6 recordings

Since Saturday any HD program recording is unwatchable on my Tivo.

Previous recordings are fine and I can watch a live HD program with no issue but if I record and play it back it is covered in pixellations.

Any advice as to what has caused this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on Tivo recordings

Hi
Have you tried to use a different HDMI port and cable?
Do you have a V6 box or a TiVO?
Do you see any error messages?
It could also be a problem with the signal on the coax cable or an old splitter or isolator.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

You likely have a signal related issue effecting the frequencies those channels are broadcast on, It could also be a tuner issue if its only happening too recordings. As its not a total loss or service my advice would be to try and find the missing recordings Via the on demand section as try and contact Virgin again when we have returned to some sort of normal if the issue continues. 

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Loosecanons
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look at the cables

It's the V6  box.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6

At this time not expecting any customer service but I can always change the Link+ to record non HD for now.

0 Kudos
Loosecanons
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought this had gone away but we're now seeing pixelation all the time even on live TV . The worse is ITV HD which is unwatchable.

Rebooted many times as well.

Not much point giving us new channels which is very much appreciated.

Having to watch stuff on Freeview or catch-up instead. I forgot adverts existed ! 

0 Kudos
Pauld1988
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on V6 recordings

One of my boxes crashed and restarted itself and since then all recordings are pixelated and audio is also affected. Is this a hard drive issue? 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on V6 recordings

Hello Pauld1988

Sorry to hear of the set top box issues, thanks for raising this with us via the forums.

Having checked there appears to be an issue at the moment. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more information from you to look into this further.

Rob

0 Kudos