Menu
ditto
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on BBC 4.

I have experienced pixellation on BBC 4 for several days. All other channels appear okay at the moment. I reported fault to Virgin via text to 07533 051 809 last night. I was contacted by text at 7.20am this morning. There followed a long text interchange including extensive security questions. (is this necessary when reporting a simple fault?). The conclusion was that I should monitor the situation as BBC4 could not be tested at this time of day as off air. I assume the problem is with Virgin network as everything else works and as this pixellation problem appears common and extensive according to this forum. So nothing really solved. Are Virgin on the case or not? Will problem be resolved? Who knows? Would love to hear something constructive from a real live VM person.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on BBC 4.

Hi ditto,

Do you have any problems with CbeebiesHD?  Also CBBC HD, TJC HD, Sky Arts HD, Sky Sports Mix HD, Sky Sports Arena HD or Sky Sports Golf HD (depending on your package) as they all share the same frequency as BBC 4 HD. If so that would point to a signal fault.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
ditto
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestions but my package does not include the channels that you have listed. Bit of a nuisance as I can only check out BBC4 in the evening when it broadcasts.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ditto,

CbeebiesHD (Ch702) and  CBBC HD (Ch701) and TJC (Ch757) are available on all packages, so please check them

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
ditto
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. Found those channels now! Yes, as you guessed they pixelate as well. Is there a fix?

David

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

HI again ditto,

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Or you can wait here and hope that a member of Forum Staff pick this up for you, but it may take a day or two.

Dave

0 Kudos
ditto
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Already tried the text service. Sent description of the problem last night. Received response at 7.20am this morning. Had to go throught whole gamut of security questions (why when just reporting a fault? One size script has to fit all I suppose). Conclusion was to keep monitoring the situation  as BBC4 could not be checked at that time of day. As all the stations I frequent are okay except for BBC4 I will live with it for a while and see if a Virgin bod replies on forum. Reluctant to go to 150 and spend hours on hold! Thanks once again for responding so usefully.

David

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ditto wrote:

Thanks again. Found those channels now! Yes, as you guessed they pixelate as well. Is there a fix?

David

The fix is to resolve whatever fault is causing poor signal to reach your TV box. That could be something in the external cabling, something (rare, but still possible) with your internal cabling, or a fault with your box. Identifying, as you have done, that all the channels on particular broadcast frequencies are affected, is an excellent start.

The thing with most pixellation faults is that they occur downstream of the streetcabinet, so only tend to affect single customers. And therefore.. unless & until that single customer reports it, Virgin simply don't know the problem is there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Ditto.

Can we please confirm if you're still experiencing some issues?

If so, could we please confirm if you've already tried rebooting the Tivo box and following the below steps? 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
ditto
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

After three reboots and plugging and unplugging coax and Hdmi cables a few times, everything settled down yesterday evening and no sign of pixelation. Hope it is cured! Will be confident if all is well when I switch TV on later this evening. Thanks for your interest and I will come back to the forum if the problem comes up again.

Regards

David

0 Kudos