Menu
Bugz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation of HD chanels

I have 6 Virgin media TV boxes, 3 of which are the new V^ boxes and 3 that are older Tivo boxes (2x Cisco & 1 x Samsung)

The older boxes can no longer receive HD Channels and pixellate badly when trying to view them. The newer boxes are fine.

I contacted Virgin media (what a chore) and tests were run on my equipment.

I was asked to wait 48 hours to see if there was any improvement and if not to call up and get the boxes replaced as they were out of date.

I waited 96 hours, contacting virgin media again by phone today 😫.

The operator could see the notes from the previous call but still insisted in wasting my time by running the tests again. 😡.

Unsuprisingly he came to the same conclusion but would only let me order 1 x replacement box, insisting that I must go through the test proceedure for each of the other 2 bioxes first, and that I had to wait a week between ordering each box before ordering the next 🤬.

Seriously?

I pay around £140 month for virgin media's services but customer service is just awful.

It is only your broadband speed that is retaining me as a customer. As soon as the competition reach acceptable speeds I'm off.

David Bugby

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation of HD chanels

Have you tried swapping the boxes around to make sure they are indeed faulty, and it's not a problem with the cabling? To have 3 TiVo boxes go faulty, is pretty unlucky unless there's something else at play here.

The TiVo boxes are still very much current and supported, and aren't currently subject to any proactive swapout program unlike the older V-HD non-recording boxes. Although I appreciate with multiple V6 already in your home, you've exceeded the allowable limit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bugz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

6 boxes is the allowable limit so I haven't exceeded it and yes I have tried moving them around.

Virgin themselves told me it was due to the boxes being outdated?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, bad wording on my part with the box limit - I was referring to the maximum number of V6 you're allowed in one home before you then need to have TiVo - and yes, you're on the limit I agree.

It's fair to say TiVo are outdated compared with the V6, and in many situations a swapout from TiVo > V6 is an excellent outcome. But it's still a currently supplied and supported box where you can't have a V6 - either for your reasons or where someone doesn't have VM broadband.

It does sound like you have some faulty boxes.. or (and I'm speculating now) perhaps the V6 are coping better with sup-optimal signal levels. Presumably when you swapped the boxes round, the fault followed the TiVo?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos