Menu
Jelibeli
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation and 'not authorised to view' messages

Hi.  I've been trying to get some pixellation issues and frequent 'you are not authorised to view this channel' messages sorted out for a couple of months now.  The online checking system logs me out, then tells me I need to log in to use the service, so that's useless (tried Chrome and Firefox).  I've tried resetting both of my TiVo boxes, switching HDMI cables, making sure everything is fitted securely and all the other steps you advise before trying to contact you.  The online chat service was so slow I'd actually gone to sleep before I got a response.  I've even considered upgrading just so I can get some fresh hardware to see if that fixes things, but apparently my offers and upgrades are not available online (again, tried Chrome and Firefox).  Can you help, please?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation and 'not authorised to view' messages

Hi Jelibeli,

which box have you got as some of the old Tivo boxes have been decomissioned and can only receive channels 101-105?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jelibeli 

@newapollohas correctly pointed out about how some of the older boxes have now been decomissioned and can only received channels 101-105, if this is the case, your resolution is to get the box swapped out for (almost certainly) a V6.

Pixellation wouldn't fit with this, though, and would indicate either a box fault or problem with your incoming digital signals. Assuming you've tried a reboot to eliminate a software issue, the fault that causes pixellation (i.e. poor signal) will only ever be solved by VM physically intervening. Whether that's on the street cabling, cabinet or your install, would be for them to determine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jelibeli,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with pixalating and channel unavailable messages.

As you have already performed diagnostics with your TV service and changed over the HDMI cables we will need to take a closer look for you.

I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos