Menu
PeterBayley
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixellated TV Channels

Some of my Channels, but mainly Sky Sports Cricket (Channel 514) is pixellated and with no sound. If the cricket is on, for example, Sky Sports Main Event, it is fine, so it is the Channel. Please advise how to resolve - I enjoy the IPL !!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellated TV Channels

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so you can call to report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

Do you have any issues with Sky Sports Mix or Sky Sports News?

Check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them, or wait for staff to respond on here.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PeterBayley,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the quality of the signal for your TV service, and apologies for our delayed response here.

Is this issue still present for you today? If so, have you checked our Service Status page to see if there are any known area impacting faults that may explain this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PeterBayley
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Zach

Thanks for your response - yes, the problem still exists. It appears to be on Sky Sports Cricket (Channel 514) Sky Sports News (Channel 519, but not 509) and Sky Sports Mix (Channel 520 but not 510.) I will therefore contact Virgin by phone but have not had the opportunity to do so yet

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Those 3 channels (along with a few others) are common to one broadcast mux, so this looks like a signal fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted on this. 

I have been able to locate your account from our side and am unable to see any known issues with this. 

Can you confirm is entire screen pixelated? 

^Martin

0 Kudos