Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixeling Issue

I am in the Edinburgh area, we have an issue with various TV channels pixelling, it's totally random channels although BBC1,BBC2 ITV, CH4 are always bad. This has been on and off for a few weeks but now it's becoming a daily occurance. I have checked cables are in OK, rebooted TIVO box on umpteen occasions and makes no difference, have ran test, says no issues in my area. Short of throwing the TIVO box out of the window, no idea what else to do. I will say that my TIVO box is quite old, had it for quite a few years, no idea if this has any bearing on my issue. It's becoming really frustrating as I am paying for a service that is virtually useless at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixeling Issue

Hi, as with all pixellation faults... it's a fault, so treat it as such and report it 🙂

The chances are, that the channels might seem random to you, but they'll be all the ones that share a common broadcast frequency - but that won't bear any resemblance to their EPG (TV guide) positions. If you're able to identify perhaps 2 or 3 specific ones (including SD/HD?) then someone may be able to check them for you - but it's unlikely to alter the end result.

If you've rebooted your box, and no area faults are reported... then you're best off reporting it..

Call Virgin: 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the "I have a fault" options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos