Menu
Cookesat12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

Hello if anyone at virgin customers services is reading this, I have tried all the recommendations to solve this, reboot the box, checked all the leads, hdmi leads, done on line tests, service status says all ok in my area 20 Bournemouth. Pixelation apparently is a problem with incoming signal so says virgin, I can only think it is a problem with TiVo box or cable outside of my property. I have rang 150 customer services but have not been able to speak with anyone, it is quite annoying some nights are not too bad, but other nights can get  bad pixelation on all channels, it's a shame as virgin do some good programmes and sky is not a option with me! TV on freeview is perfectly fine, but I want to watch what I've paid virgin for £80 a month, so can you sort this if it is a network issue virgin please, in the meantime shall I continue to keep calling customer services to ask if a engineer can come, I appreciate in these covid times you must be quite busy, but I've been with virgin quite a few years and only had to have a box swop which failed.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so you will need to call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They should do these while you're on the phone to them.

Check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, then the fault could well be specific to you. I'm afraid this forum isn't intended as a first-line fault reporting service, for which you really are best off calling in.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cookesat12
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Thank you I wiii try again to get thru to virgin customer services again
0 Kudos
Cookesat12
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fauly picture pixelation

Hello Virgin Team

I would like a engineer to please check my TiVo box , or send a new one as the pixelation has got worse, some nights are terrible, end up watching free view, pay for virgin TV which is not Free!

I have checked al, the connections countless times changed hdmi loads  rebooted the box many times, this fault must be the box or the virgin cable outside of my property  . I heard that virgin can fit a signal booster to improve the signal, not sure where  maybe the box in the street,

I did speak to someone from virgin , he did some checks whilst I was on the phone  said he could not see any problems in my area and did a diagnostic check, and then said I should check my connections which I have done a thousand times! And could I ring back if it didn't improve.

This pixelation seems to be a issue reading a lot of the forum topics, all I would like is a engineer to check the faulty signal which I think it is, or replace the TiVo box, how do I get to speak to the virgin tech team as all I get is someone who just tells me check connections which I have done a thousand times

Come on virgin you have some good channels, I would just like to able to watch them with a decent picture, the pixelation just spoils our viewing, 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fauly picture pixelation

@Cookesat12 

Rather than create another post asking the same question 😉

@Cookesat12 wrote:

I did speak to someone from virgin , he did some checks whilst I was on the phone  said he could not see any problems in my area and did a diagnostic check, and then said I should check my connections which I have done a thousand times! And could I ring back if it didn't improve.

If the agent couldn't see any problem, but you were calling to report a problem, did they offer to arrange an engineer visit? Or did you ask for one? Have you called back to say the problem hasn't improved? I agree that you shouldn't have to, the agent should have - to be blunt - not kicked your fault down the road for someone else to deal with. But calling in is the way to go here.

@Cookesat12 wrote:

This pixelation seems to be a issue reading a lot of the forum topics, all I would like is a engineer to check the faulty signal which I think it is, or replace the TiVo box, how do I get to speak to the virgin tech team as all I get is someone who just tells me check connections which I have done a thousand times

I agree that you perhaps shouldn't need to do this - but when you call CS to report your fault, whether they can see a reason for it or not, is - as far as you're concerned - immaterial. It's upto them to investigate your fault, and if the agent can't see a reason, the correct next step is to book an engineer visit. If they decline to do so, then I'd say you have cause for complaint.

This post is not intended as a rant at you, although it may unavoidably come across as such - for which I apologise. I'd recommend you call back and pursue this "line of attack" - if you still get nowhere with that, then post back here and there may be another way around it. But I'd try to pursue the phone route first 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cookesat12
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fauly picture pixelation

Thanks for your comments Japitts

The agent I spoke to was not in UK call centre, although he was very polite, but reading from a script.

I did ask if a engineer could be booked, but  he was running checks whilst I was on the phone, and when he asked me to ring back later if there was still a problem, I presumed he had done something to solve the problem, but it did not.

I haven't rung back to 150 yet as I am on shifts , will ring early in day when there is more chance of speaking to someone in UK customer services and insist on a engineer, 

Thanks will update u as and when

0 Kudos