Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

I have recently had problems with pixilation in Area 30. I have contacted Virgin Media who ran a test and say there is nothing wrong with my Tivo Box. The problem started with Recorded HD programmes but I have started to notice that most channels have the same problem. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Firstly, I'm assuming the basics such as rebooting your box and checking all the connections for tightness, have been done..

Second... VM said there was nothing wrong with your TiVo box? Well I'd have been tempted to respond along the lines of "well great, but I'm still reporting a problem which I'd like you to investigate & resolve". Whether the problem is with the box, the cablling or indeed somewhere else - that's upto VM to resolve not you. The chances are that your issue needs an engineer visit to progress.

You can either call VM again, and (sadly) be prepared to be more insistent with them, or wait on here for a forum team to pick your post up. The second may take a few days. Calling in should be the quicker method, but I can understand why it may be frustrating.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 30 terrible pixelation had it for a while now , engineer cane out for something else and I asked him he just checked all connections but it’s definately getting worse mostly on hd channels to the point where some channels are unwatchable , I just ran the test in here and it says everything is ok well it’s clearly not we have the TiVo box is anyone else the same in this area

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If it's a known fault, it should be lisfed at https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Sometimes pixellation and picture faults can be solved by a box reboot, but if that fails or the problem returns, it's almost certainly indicative of a signal fault somewhere between your box and the streetcab. They tend not to be resolved until a VM engineer physically investigates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks