Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

I have had pixelation issues with my service since early October, reported and got an engineer visit on 21st October, he said he couldn't find anything wrong and organised for a senior engineer to come out.  Which he did 2 weeks later, he said the cable from the street to the house was faulty and needed replacing.  This was due to be done 8 November, van turned up opened lid on street, closed lid on street drove off, re-arranged engineer then for 6 December.  Someone came and fiddled around with box the week before the 6th and then on the 6th 2 guys turned up to replace the cable, then later a virgin engineer came to hook it all up.  Was made up finally had it all up and running, for 2 days then the pixilation started again.  Contact on line chat help this morning, refuse to do anything or even arrange an engineer until I'm (account holder) is at home and will not arrange an engineer visit unless the system after they test it says so.  I've told them they did all this on the 21st October but they are adamant they will not send engineer unless the test come back that one is needed.  The money we pay for the service we are getting is shocking and the compensation I was promised as still not been advised, and now I'm back to not being able top watch virgin.  I hope there is a virgin team member reading these posts, because I really hope that instead of me wasting 1.5 hours of my life on the phone tonight they could just arrange for an engineer to come visit.  PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Hi AJT1968,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are again experiencing pixel-ating after a new cable has been laid.

We will be more than happy to run some more tests and checks if a technician is required then we would book on, you would need to be home for the technician.

Are you able to try a different HDMI cable, if you have another device that is working ok try that cable, can you also try a different HDMI slot on the TV.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos