Menu
tigger79
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

Anyone else had bad pixelation in the last week or so in area code 06? Mainly ITV HD and normal, BBC 1 and other minor channels. Does seem to have got worse with the heavy rain. Have checked connectors,rebooted etc and all is fine.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Pixellation in heavy rain simply shouldn't happen, but would suggest water ingress into cabling or a connector somewhere. If it's got worse over the past week, then it sounds like no other customers have reported it, and quite possibly it's only affecting you.

Call Virgin, report it. Fully expect offshore agents to perform further reboots on your box, only tell them it's resolved if you're 100% confident it is. If offshore think they've resolved a problem, they will chalk it up as a closed fault. If they can't resolve, then an engineer visit would be the next step....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Hi tigger79,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns, I'm really sorry that you've been having trouble with certain TV channels. As japitts has advised, your services certainly shouldn't be affected by the weather as our cables are snug underground.

In taking a look at the backend of your account, I've been unable to identify any cause for this pixellation, but our diagnostic systems have picked up that further investigation would be beneficial. I've raised this with our 2nd line team who should be in touch with you soon. Please keep us posted with any progress.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos