Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation when viewing via Tivo

I have a Samsung 500 GB Tivo box  (2012.07, SMT-C7100) and am experiencing picture pixelation when viewing via the Tivo - either live TV or recorded.  Sometime it is so bad - every few seconds a good 25% of the screen is pixelated - that the programme is unwatchable.  Viewing via Amazon Prime, Netflix or YouTube is absolutely fine so I suspect a fault with the Tivo box.  I have reset the box several times, changed HDMI cables and ports to no affect.  I have contacted Virgin support via email and have had no response at all and after holding in a queue on the phone for a long time listening to dreadful music I gave up.  I am on the verge of cancelling my Virgin contract but thought I would give this community a try to see if anyone has any ideas on what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation when viewing via Tivo

Hi this is usually a signal level issue, you will need to persevere with the TV faults route on the phone they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to adjust the levels between your your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation & picture breakup (assuming you've rebooted your box) is a symptom of poor TV signal, which is caused by a fault somewhere.

You are doing the right thing in trying to report this to VM so they can investigate (and rectify) the fault.

Watching anything on apps is streaming, the programme is delivered over your internet connection hence proving the fault to your TV signal.

VM forum staff are currently taking anything from several days to a week to pick up posts, so please don't give up on calling through in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the very quick reply.  I'll try to be patient but it is a couple of weeks now since I contacted VM support.  

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the quick response - I shall keep perservering!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I held for 55 minutes listening to the absolutely dreadful music designed to get you to hang up and then Virgin terminated the call.  This is appalling customer service.  At least I have the option of a 1 gigabit connection with CityFibre and buying a PVR.

0 Kudos