Menu
TriathNanEilean
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on Tivo box, no call back from VM

Pixelation began around a year ago on a few channels, has got steadily worse, spread to almost all channels and on recordings. Mostly we use catchup TV since that seems ok.

Got through to Virgin Faults about 2 months ago. I had already power cycled the Tivo many times, reseated cables & replaced the HDMI cable, to no avail. Call handler said they would pass it on to appropriate section and stressed 3 or 4 times (without me prompting) that someone would definitely call me back. No one has.

Trying to phone again at likely times but trying this forum as well in the hope that a VM responder will be able to help. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on Tivo box, no call back from VM

Sorry to say this, but promises of callbacks from VM faults teams don't happen far more often than they do - and if ever agents say they're passing your query to another section/department, it is often code for "I can't resolve this but I'll promise a callback to clear my line". It's harsh, but also more true than false.

Secondly, this forum isn't intended to replace the phone faults service - it's primarily a user forum and VM staff are intervening where necessary, but if you have a service fault - you really are best calling in.

The easy bit... if you've restarted your box once and pixellation problems are continuing, there's 2 ways this is going to get fixed: 1: An engineer visit, 2: A replacement box. Any other solution is kicking the can down the road.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos