cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on TV Recordings

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi - The problem I had with pixelation on my Virgin TV (Tivo box) has finally been solved after nearly 3 months. I get a perfect picture now but there is a new problem in that I get pixelation on my TV recordings. I have checked a couple of times watching a show live while recording it - in each case the live reception was perfect but the recording was pixelated. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you're watching live TV, try pausing the programme for a short time and view it delayed.

This is also (effectively) a recording and uses the box's hard drive in the same way.

1: If this also has problems, your hard drive is failing and you will need a replacement TiVo.

2: If this works OK, then it suggests a problem with the live feed at the time of broadcast.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you're watching live TV, try pausing the programme for a short time and view it delayed.

This is also (effectively) a recording and uses the box's hard drive in the same way.

1: If this also has problems, your hard drive is failing and you will need a replacement TiVo.

2: If this works OK, then it suggests a problem with the live feed at the time of broadcast.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @IanL3,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting your update on the forums. I'm glad that one problem has been sorted but its not good that another problem has been created.

Please could you check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket. 

Regards,

Steven_L

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi Steven_L

I checked all the Co-ax cable connections, gave them all a push and they all seemed firmly connected, no obvious sign of any poor connection. However I have done 3 test recordings since and apart from an occasonal brief flicker they have been good so it appears that has solved th problem. Many thanks for your help.

Regards, IanL3

Thank you for confirming that for us. We have checked over our system and we cannot see anything that could be affecting this. 

Can you confirm if you're continuing to have an issue with this?

^Martin

IanL3
On our wavelength

At the moment the problem seems to be solved. Many thanks