Menu
techyknowsbest
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on HD channels/recordings

Hi everyone!

We have 2 boxes in our house - a 500GB TiVo and a newer V6 box (as well as a Hub 3).

I've noticed over the past year or so that the TiVo box (this one only) is showing pixelation on HD channels when watching HD content, or on HD recordings. It's not unbearable, but enough of a nuisance every couple of seconds. Nothing has changed immediately recently (V6 box replaced an older V+HD box within the last year, and the Hub 3 replaced original Super Hub within the last year) but I couldn't say if it started after either of these changes. I don't use the box frequently enough to have been too bothered until now to try and fix it.

The box is fairly well ventilated and doesn't feel excessively warm. There aren't any other issues with the V6 or our broadband speeds, just this box showing pixelated graphics on HD channels/recordings. I completed the self-test within My Virgin Media and it showed issues with this box connecting to the service. 

Could somebody possibly advise/take a look at our signal to this box remotely and advise what could be going on with this? 

TIA, 

Jake 🙂 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on HD channels/recordings

The stock answer...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

In your specific case, if only one box is affected, then I'd recommend swapping them around to see where the fault follows. That's a good way of seeing if it's a faulty box or an issue with the internal cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos