Menu
machiberg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on 2nd box

Hi, so we have a 2nd box in the bedroom its our old tivo box from what we had the upgrade to the v6 box downstairs which works great.

However our Tivo in the bedroom can be frustratingly unwatchable at times due to picture distortion through pixelation.

I have run the trouble shooter and get the same message to reboot every time, this doesn't solve the issue every time and even if it does its always temporary. Its frustrating to have to do this almost every time we want to watch TV 

Thanks John 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on 2nd box

Pixellation is (more often than not) a symptom of poor TV signal. If your V6 downstairs is fine, that proves the cabling as (most likely) ok as far as your outside termination point.

If you can swap the boxes around, see where the fault follows. That should help ID whether the TiVo is at fault, or there's a problem with the internal cabling.

Then you can report the problem to VM, knowing (pretty well) where the issue lies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
machiberg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good idea ill give that a whirl and see what happens 

0 Kudos
machiberg
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally got time to swap them over and the issue still remains with the upstairs signal. Could someone do a better check than the service status check? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So most likely a problem with the internal cabling then.

Call Virgin faults and report it - you are almost certainly going to need a VM engineer to physically check said cabling & connectors - and replace/correct whatever is found to be causing this.

150 or 0345 4541111, choose "I have a fault with my TV service" options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
machiberg
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help i will get onto them 

0 Kudos