Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation and wifi outage

Hi, I have a TIVO box with tight connections.  For some time now I have had intermittent problems with some channels, History, Discovery, etc.  Recently I have developed occasional problems with wifi reception - the signal from my router is strong but there is no incoming connection.  Sometimes my router crashes and I have to re-boot.  The pixelation problem and the wifi problem seem to occur simultaneously.  Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation and wifi outage

Your V6 box gets its TV signals through the physical coax cable not the WiFi, so those 2 issues are unrelated. The box uses the internet connection for VOD (On Demand), EPG updates and other internet-based functions.

Pixelation, assuming you've rebooted the V6, is nearly always the symptom of a poor TV signal. If you are able to identify particular channels that are affected, it may help identify particular broadcast frequencies - which would confirm this fault one way or the other.

I think your rebooting router is a separate issue, although it's possible that a fault on your external cabling is causing poor levels which is affecting your V6 and router in different ways.

Get a list of your affected channels, although I strongly suspect you will end up calling into TV faults with this one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos