Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation Issues

1. Hello. How is everyone. I have a virgin tivo box. The problem I have been having is pixelation issues on the screen. This is very frustrating for myself. The pixelation comes and goes. I have called virgin media customer services several times and have even had an engineer visit 2 times as well. However I am still having problems with the pixelation. Can this pixelation issue get resolved ? If so how ?
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation Issues

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same issue where the picture and audio stutters, if I may ask what channels are you have it on or is it many channels mine has been on the movie channels.

I thought there was an option to be able speak to someone online but I cant find the option and my landline phone isn't working and I refuse to call on my mobile. Hope you get yours sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I have the pixelation on all the channels to be honest. I hope you get your tv sorted too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I know this could be sucking eggs, but the answer is quite simple... you keep reporting the fault until Virgin fix it. And if it comes back, you report it again.

You really shouldn't have to, but unfortunately VM don't tend to chase single customer faults unless that single customer keeps reporting it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks. Can anyone help me solve this issue with pixelation on the screen  ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think what jappits was hinting at was to use a phone.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

OK so im totally and utterly fed and and frustrated with this topic now... Ive been having pixelation issues on and off for the last couple of years - whenever ive had an engineer visit he either doesnt have a clue what i mean by 'pixelation' (?? i know..!) OR i cant recreate the issue...

However, what i will say is it doesnt matter if the channel is HD or not, it doesnt matter if its live TV or recorded playback - it happens all the time...!

Virgin - I suggest the fault lies with you and your equipment AND the inability to ensure it is working sufficiently to support ALL of your customers.. So why dont you look at YOUR end points in our streets - instead of blaming it constantly on everyone's equipment in their homes..! - and try to ensure the equipment in our streets has the capability to support these faster speeds you so desperately promote as well as being able to serve ALL of the properties in the area who have your services installed.. 

I put it to you that you are simply overloading the external equipment and it just cant cope with it!? Therefore resulting in weaker and intermittent/broken/pixelated signals for most of us..

Ive experienced this frustration for so long now, and i can see many others have too! So when exactly are you really going to get something sorted instead of keep defaulting your responses to either;

1) "Pls call our customer service team who can help you....." (they cant and never do, neither do the engineers!)  OR 

2) "Pls check all of your equipment in your home and restart your box" (I love this one... restart the box...This wont make a difference - read the threads here! Many people have tried this without resolution along with calling out engineers endlessly without resolution!?)

If your customers mean anything to you - you will sort this out once and for all before you lose them all to Sky!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cc74,

Thanks for your post I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your box, I have done some remote checks and there are no outages and everything looks fine. Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

With respect have you even read my post!!??

Pls stop blaming the equipment or cables within our homes and check YOUR equipment in the central boxes in our streets. 
i, like everyone else here have already had my cables switched before with no resolution....

Sort out your bandwidth in your hubs/boxes in the streets!!

0 Kudos