Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating

My TV picture is constantly pixelating, on live TV but also on recordings. It happens on numerous channels.  Cant get through to speak to an actual person and it’s driving me mad!

Run the test via the automated service but made no difference. Checked connections and rebooted etc.  No change. I think I have an old TiVo box - can that be the issue? Please help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelating

If you've rebooted your box, then pixellating pictures are symptomatic of a poor TV signal - this will be a fault somewhere.

A box being old shouldn't, of itself, cause this fault - I can see you've posted in the broadband section reporting some possible speed issues.. it may be that the 2 issues are both indicative of cabling problems, or they could be entirely separate and independent.

I would persist with calling through to TV faults - it may just be that if you have a fault on the incoming cabling, the automated system could run diagnostics that pick this up and offer an engineer visit without needing to call. The regulars in the broadband section may also be able to pull some stats from your SuperHub that might just identify something.

I would have also suggested looking at a box-swap to a V6 if you've had your TiVo for a while, but if there are signal issues on your cabling, then this would prevent a QuickStart install and you're likely to need an engineer visit in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your advice 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CB419,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

I'm sorry you're experiencing pixelation on your box, both on live TV and recordings.

Are you still having problems since you posted? 

If so, please let me know and I may need to look at replacing your box.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

no it’s still doing it unfortunately.  Quite frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh no 😞 I'd like to take a closer look, so I'll pop you a private message now.

I'll speak to you there,

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos