Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating

My TV picture has been pixelating intermittently for some time now.  It seems to be on live tv only and particularly BBC1 HD.  I have followed all the recommendations, including checking and tightening all the cable connectors, replacing the HDMI cable, trying different HDMI ports, resetting the TiVo box and doing the online TV test.  The service status for the area is not reporting any problems but that has ben the case through most of the lock-down period.  Is there any way I can check the signal strength or signal-to-noise ratio?  I really would appreciate some help with this issue.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelating

Thanks, I think it may be the box, maybe its time to get an engineer.

Albert4

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Albert4 

Pixellating pictures is how digital TV handles poor signal. So deal with the poor signal fault and you resolve the pixellation. Do you have any problems with BBC2-HD?

Reboot your box once, check for known faults on 0800 5610061 and then call VM to report your fault - you will either need an engineer visit or replacement box.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the input.

I found how to get an engineer as the vigin media site isnt helpful, Phone 150 and they will run a test, normal response let them check and run the test. Wait Half an hour phone again, they recognise youve phoned earlier and put you in the queue, eventially after 57 Mins I got a real person and he upgraded the fauly and will be contacted by an engineering within 24 hors??? I will post the results of this

Thanks Albert