Menu
Eliseo65
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating programmes

New here and needing help 

All of my recent recordings on my TiVo box are pixelated and freeze so often and making the watching of the programmes impossible

if I pause then come back, it does the same. 

I can only watch live programmes.

Only 27% storage used

thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelating programmes

Hi @Eliseo65 

If live programs are unaffected and the issues are with paused and recorded programs then that is a hard disk issue.

The hard disk will eventually give up completely.

Unfortunately this will mean a swap for a new set top box, and you will be unable to transfer over series links or recordings to the new box.

Make a note of all your recorded programs, al ot may still be available on catch up and on demand.

Also make a list of your series links so you can set them up again when you receive a new box.

You've posted that you have a TIVO which is one of the older boxes. providing you also receive broadband from VM it might be worthwhile asking if you can have a free swap to the newer V6 box.

You will need to speak to Faults, that's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Or wait a couple of days and a member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eliseo65, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues, I have been unable to locate your account to see if you have been able to reach out regarding this.

I will pop you over a PM in case you are still having some issues, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eliseo65,

Thank you for messaging with me, glad we could get an engineer booked in.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you want to reschedule or view your appointment time you can do so here, under the Help tab then "Orders and Appointments"

Zoie

0 Kudos