cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated recordings

Pippaj22
Tuning in
  • Why are so many recordings such poor quality, pixilated, stuttering, freezing and generally completely rubbish and not fit for purpose? 
11 REPLIES 11

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Pippaj22, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your TV.

Please can you let me know if this is happening on live TV? 

Please can you give me for example of what you have recorded and if it was HD / 4k or Standard definition. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It happens on catch up for any station and recordings on the Tivo box. Not exclusively one station. It can also happen on live TV when it is, or has been, raining.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Is this happening on both HD and SD channels?

Do you have more than one box with us? If so, does this happen on all of them?

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes, it is happening on both HD and SD channels.

No, we only have one Tivo box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If live TV is affected by this, it would suggest a signal fault

If recorded TV is affected by this, you likely have an HDD issue

OnDemand is internet-based, and would tend towards an HDMI/video output issue that would affect all output.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So, Virgin Media Community people, how can you resolve this issue for me?

Thanks for coming back to us Pippaj22.

Japitts is absolutely right in what they've advised - as you've mentioned that the issue is occurring on both live TV and your recordings, it's likely to be a signal fault.

However we're struggling to check your TV service on our end because either the connection is fault or your box is turned off. Can you please ensure all your cables are plugged in securely and your TV box is turned on so we can continue to troubleshoot with you?

Thanks

Beth

All plugged in, cables all checked and ready for you to check ASAP, as it is still happening - VERY FRUSTRATING!

I wonder if the solution is to cancel my subscription and move to Sky if you cannot sort this out in a timely manner?

Hi Pippaj22,

Thanks for coming back to us about this frustrating TV issue, I have tried to check your TV service on my side this morning but it seems you've not turned your box on yet. 

Could you do this and let me know when it's up and running so I can begin my diagnostic checks please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L