Menu
mikeegee70
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated recording

Hi, 

just trying to watch a recording from Saturday evening and it’s terribly pixelated and seems to be mixed with the live channel that I was watching when I pressed play! Any suggestions greatly received. 

it’s a recording from the Quest HD channel

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated recording

Can you watch Quest HD live? If you can, does a new recording or pressing pause/rewind work ok?

Can you also try E4 HD & BBC Scotland HD?... off-hand those should be in all packages (BBC Scotland certainly is - channel 162 in most of England)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mikeegee70
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes they all appear to be playing fine at the moment. Maybe it’s when I record that channel?

previous recordings of the same show, have also pixelated (last Wednesday) but the previous Saturday was much better, a little pixelation but still watchable. 

0 Kudos
mikeegee70
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have set it to record Quest HD now to see what happens. I’ll let you know

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@mikeegee70 wrote:

Yes they all appear to be playing fine at the moment. Maybe it’s when I record that channel?

previous recordings of the same show, have also pixelated (last Wednesday) but the previous Saturday was much better, a little pixelation but still watchable. 

Try pausing live TV too - see if you get a problem then. If you do, it will indicate your hard drive has problems.

Also, a little forum hint... once you've submitted a post, you have a short while to "edit" it rather than send multiple replies. In the top-right corner of your post, select "Post options" and "edit reply" 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mikeegee70
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the edit tip 👍🏻

Live record, rewind and fast forward working on Quest HD and E4 HD. will see what future recordings are like. Hope it’s not the HDD as that’s “brand new” only delivered two weeks ago. 

thanks

0 Kudos