cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated on recordings and after pausing live tv

boxergirl
Joining in

My TiVo box works fine except for when I either record or pause and then restart a live program - and as far as I can tell it only does it on BBC one. Normal playing of live TV including BBC is fine. 
I’ve tried restarting my box and checked all the cables which made no difference. 
been waiting an age to get through to virgin support via online chat and can’t face trying to do it by phone!

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@boxergirl wrote:

My TiVo box works fine except for when I either record or pause and then restart a live program

This suggests a problem with your TiVo's hard drive, the channel you're recording won't make any difference but if all "recorded" content is affected then you will - sooner or later - need a replacement box with a new HDD.

The channel you're watching will only make a difference if you're having problems with live broadcast TV signals.

You can wait here for a day or so, and VM staff should pick this post up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi boxergirl, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your TiVo box! I will send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.