Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated TV

Hi all,

Hoping you can help as Virgin Media won't seem to!  Called last night about the bill and a terrible TV issue with pixilation.  Sorted the package then was put on hold for an hour, at which point I gave up.

On hold for ages today, got through to someone, was told that even though our box is pretty old now and we're having issues with most channels being pixelated that this isn't a box problem and it's the HDMI cable.  I've run every diagnostic on it (it's been happening for so long but I haven't reported it as it's not an 'emergency' per se but now not great when I'm paying for tv I can't watch!) and I've swapped the HDMI cable.

The box is old and clearly needs replacing and when I said I'd run all of the supposed fixes and it still doesn't work... The call was ended!   So now I'm stuck with a TV box that doesn't work and paying a fortune to watch channels I can't wat.  Please someone help because I tweeted last night and no one from Virgin Media seems to want to help?

I have run every diagnostic and the man on the call today rebooted it then seemed surprised when I said the channels were worse than ever... Yet it's still nothing to do with the box even though every other avenue has been explored.  Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelated TV

Can you confirm that VOD and other streaming apps play ok? Try watching a programme from CatchUp if you can - just to make sure this is looking like an issue with your TV signals (VOD comes over the internet)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Japitts, I’m watching something on catch up now and it’s not pixelated at the moment - but it always comes and goes on programmes and some recorded things too. The box is so slow to work too I assumed it was something to do with that, it’s been getting worse over the past few months and I don’t know how long these things are supposed to last?! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you've got a TiVo box, have had your package for a while and also have VM broadband, I'd seriously recommend checking over your bundles and seeing whether there's a newer, more cost-effective one available. You could then renegotiate and try to get a box-swap to the newer V6 into the bargain - likely in exchange for a new 12/18month contract.

The V6 is a much newer, quicker box and is streets ahead of the TiVo on several levels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. We’ve been with them 5 and a half years, have a tv broadband and phone bundle with them, managed to reduce my bundle cost yesterday and I’d be prepared to pay for a new box if needs be but the man today was just saying no to it being the box. Might have to try again another day. 

Don’t know how many more times I can listen to the Gary Barlow & Michael Buble song after being on hold for over 2 hours 🐵

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos