Menu
wolfyccfc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated HD channels

Good evening,

My sons box (Tivo) upstairs is exhibiting bad pixelation mainly on HD channels and worst of all on the sport channels. I have rebooted the box, done a full reset, checked all the cables and played around with the resolution output to no avail. I have another Tivo box which was the one from downstairs before we changed to the V6. Can I swap this out with the problem box to try and eliminate the box as being the problem or is this not possible? 

Thanks for any help

Martin.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelated HD channels

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere

Swapping the 2 boxes around is absolutely a good idea and will prove the issue to either the box or the internal cabling. If one box in your home isn't affected, then that's the external cabing proven likely ok.

Once you've identified the issue, you'll need to call in to report it.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wolfyccfc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, do you know if I just swap the 2 boxes around? Will it pick up the account information etc??

thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes it will.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wolfyccfc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

Thanks again for you help, i swapped the 500gb box over which was displaying the pixelation to a spare 1tb box (had to go through a software update and contact Virgin CS to swap them over and activate the 1tb) but that was fairly quick under the circumstances, All looks good now so from an initial look it appears the box was the issue and not the signal.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos